Is An Attorney Necessary In A Massachusetts DUI-OUI?
Whether you are a first-time offender or a repeat offender, the help of an aggressive and experienced DUI attorney can make all the difference. After all, without an experienced Massachusetts OUI attorney representing you, how will you know if the prosecutor (district attorney) is offering you a good deal or if you're being taken advantage of?
Call the Massachusetts Criminal Defense Group today at 800-82-DEFENSE (800-823-3336). Learn about our 18-point DUI-OUI defense strategy. Free initial consultation.
You have two options — you can fight your DUI charge or OUI-related crime or plead out your case. Either way, our attorneys can help.
Option 1: Fight Your Massachusetts DUI Case
In even the worst situations, most OUI cases are winnable. Our three favorite defense strategies are:
- The police may not have had any legitimate reason to pull you over and detain you. Once the stop has become improper, the case can be thrown out.
- If you refused to take a breath test or field sobriety test, those facts cannot be used against you or even mentioned in court.
- Fail the breath test? Even still, there are ways to win because police often make mistakes in how they administer field sobriety tests or breath tests. Once we identify those mistakes, the tests become scientifically invalid.
Option 2: Make A Deal — Minimize The Damage
Most of our clients are scared and feel alone when they have been arrested and face criminal charges. Our DUI defense attorneys can help by:
- Entering your plea and getting the case over with – quickly. When we're at your side at the arraignment, we can often arrange to negotiate your case on the spot. Most self-represented defendants can't do this on their own and we can help cut a few months off the long process.
- Guiding you through the criminal process and making sure you get a fair deal. Most district attorneys and judges are fair – but not all of them. Our attorneys thoroughly review the police report and evidence against you. We'll check for procedural errors that police often make. We'll even push for the DA to agree to drop all the other charges – like negligent operation or lane violations (that come with needless fines and a lingering record).
Learn The Benefits Of Hiring A DUI Attorney. Free Consultation.
You have nothing to lose by calling. We'll give you some strong advice either way. Contact us online to schedule your free consultation, call 800-82-DEFENSE (800-823-3336) or complete our online form to schedule your appointment.